ABC World New Tonight aired a story June 18th, which I took the time to watch, having high hopes that they would actually report something of benefit. Once again, I was sadly disappointed.
http://abcnews.go.com/WN/story?id=3290631&page=1
One of the reasons they give for the astronomical raise in cesarean surgery is that women are choosing it for the convenience of scheduling. I believe these women are more likely scared into choosing cesarean surgeries, more than any other reason. There are a myriad of ways to undermine a woman's confidence.
One mother gave the reason of being able to have her mom fly into town to help her out after the birth. When one is recovering from a cesarean that may be much more important than when one is recovering from a vaginal birth.
I know that the network news have so much quality information that they could share with the public to help and they flatly refuse. It is baffling how they are actually able to come up with such damaging fluff reports.
ETA: Don't miss reading the comments section.
65-year-old Berlin woman gave birth to quads
1 year ago

No comments:
Post a Comment