Admittedly, I am surprised to find myself thinking that maybe the outrageous c/s rate is coming under scrutiny again. The last time was in the mid-eighties. I'd convinced myself that the American medical trade union was supportive of a 100% cesarean rate since they have pretty much stated that opinion for several years now, adopting policies to encourage the record growth of major surgery for childbirth. I remember one of the past Presidents of ACOG wrote a book called 'Just Take It Out'!
Of course, the skeptic on my shoulder says that it could just be medical MARKETING at it's finest. Kind of like wall paper, oak cabinets, and tubs that you're not allowed to labor in for any number of reasons.
New Practices Reduce Childbirth Risks
Amid Soaring Liability Costs,
Hospitals Curb Use of Drugs
And Other Procedures to Speed Labor
65-year-old Berlin woman gave birth to quads
1 year ago

No comments:
Post a Comment